I find some of the difference between SP and function in sql server
1) Procedure can return zero or n values whereas function can return one value which is mandatory.
2) Procedures can have input, output parameters for it whereas functions can have only input parameters.
3) Procedure allows select as well as DML statement in it whereas function allows only select statement in it.
4) Functions can be called from procedure whereas procedures cannot be called from function.
5) Exception can be handled by try-catch block in a procedure whereas try-catch block cannot be used in a function.
6) We can go for transaction management in procedure whereas we can’t go in function.
7) Procedures cannot be utilized in a select statement whereas function can be embedded in a select statement.